10 Minute Solid Perfume
Coming at you today with a super duper easy diy beauty project today inspired by my own little Ocki.
Earlier this week as I was getting ready in the bathroom Ocki busied herself emptying every drawer and cabinet as is her usual habit. Among her spoils was a ziplock bag full of those little sample perfumes. It was not long before I stepped on one of those little beauties, breaking the glass and saturating the room with Etat Libre d’Orange. Luckily I was wearing shoes at the time and no one was injured but it did make my bathroom smell very strong and very pretty for a while!
Then the idea — solid perfume! Easy to make, if you could do my 10 Minute Chapstick then you can do this. Plus there is no broken glass to worry about (although still the potential for a little mess if you have toddlers!)
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Apricot Oil (or other oil of your choice)
1.5 tbsp Beeswax
Sample perfume vial or essential oils of choice
*This was enough for about 6 10g pots of scent for me.
- Melt beeswax on medium low heat. Stir until melted.
- Add apricot and coconut oils. Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add your scent. Start with a little and add more. The great thing about this recipe is you can make it as strong as you like. No more worrying if you’re giving the world a headache with your overly scented body!
- Pour into itty bitty containers. I used these little guys that I found on Amazon.
- Apply to temples, wrists, etc. All the usual places and enjoy!
Until next time!