7 Day Low Carb Meal Plan
For those who follow my Instagram you might have seen the occasional meals that I post. Most of these are not not my own so I haven’t put them on the blog, not wanting to take unfair credit for the recipes. Still food porn pictures are always my most popular Instagram posts so I thought I would share here for anyone interested.
I’ve been keeping track of my menus on a google slideshow so that I can reuse them later. Here is a link to the Google Slideshow.
I’ll share a quick list of the meals below but if you are more visual I’d check out the slide show!
Breakfast: 2 Fried Eggs + fruit
Lunch: Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps — I do this one more like a salad with spinach to get more veggies in!
Dinner: Chicken Stir Fry with Snow peas and Red Bell Pepper — I do mine without rice but usually make a little rice for DH.
Breakfast: Thin Mint Smoothie — I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this. I couldn’t find fresh mint but instead used peppermint extract. The mint covered all taste of the spinach. Really delicious!
Lunch: Triple Berry Summer Salad
Dinner: Balsamic Glazed Steak Rolls — Another big winner with nice presentation and hubby approved!
Breakfast: 1 c cottage cheese + blueberries
Lunch: Bell pepper and Egg Salad Stuffed Celery
Dinner: Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles — My husband hates when I make sauces with peanut butter so instead I just sauteed the rest of the sauce ingredients and added to the noodles and added chopped peanuts to the top. Just a personal preference he has…sure the original recipe was good too.
Breakfast: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cantelope
Lunch: Chicken and Avocado Caesar Salad — easy to leave off the bread if you don’t want it :)
Dinner: White Chicken Chili — For some low carbers this might not work because of the beans but for me I find the protein and fiber content of the beans make it well worth it…
Breakfast: 2 Fried Eggs + Fruit
Lunch: Miracle Noodles + Marinara — I actually didn’t like the miracle noodles at all! In the future I think I would either do zoodles, spaghetti squash or if feeling extra indulgent mung bean noodles!
Dinner: Chicken in Cilantro Lime Sauce + Broccoli — The recipe calls for 3 Tbsp of whipping cream but I didn’t want to buy a carton for just that small amount so I used plain greek yogurt. I find that if you cook it for a few minutes you can get most of the tangy flavor out.
Breakfast: Protein Pancakes + fruit — Love this recipe! They can be kind of crepe-y but I love those too! I find that the protein powder I use in addition to the banana makes them sweet enough where I don’t need syrup extra. Top with some fresh berries and you’ve got a delicious breakfast!
Lunch: Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps — a repeat…
Dinner: Turkey Lettuce Wraps — Again I do a whole bed of lettuce to get more veggies!
Breakfast: Egg Muffins with Bacon and Spinach
Lunch: Cucumber Subs — Very nice presentation but kind of hard to eat. Next time I would slice the cucumber thin lengthwise and use that to wrap up the toppings.
Dinner: Zucchini Lasagna — used cottage cheese instead of ricotta….another personal preference of DH
- These are mostly low carb meals. As far as my own dietary goals go, I am trying to maintain a healthy and varied diet while pregnant and sometimes I find carbs addicting and can’t stop eating once I start. So while I don’t think carbs are necessarily bad I am just trying to focus on getting lots of protein and tons of veggies to stay full! So that is a strong theme you will find in my meal plans — a focus on protein and veggies.
- You may find some repeats especially in the breakfast and lunch categories. There are some things that I just really like to eat for breakfast (fried eggs, cottage cheese + fruit) so I repeat often but also try to have other variety as well to keep things interesting. Lunches are the hardest meal for me to plan so you might see some repeats there as well. For lunch I usually like leftovers but sometimes we don’t have them so the lunch plan is for me really more of a backup
- I usually go grocery shopping twice a week. This way my veggies stay fresh. Also, if I have ingredients from lunches I didn’t make (because I had leftovers instead) I don’t have to waste the food and can use it later in the week. Thats just how I do it. I know not everyone has time for that.
- There is a slide for every meal with ingredients on the main portion and instructions in the notes section. Recipes and pictures are also linked back to the original recipe makers. Like I said, I don’t want to steal credit. I originally made it this way because it was most convenient for me to have everything in one place for my own personal use but wasn’t planning on sharing. Let me know if you like the format.
- I also have slides with at home workouts because I don’t get to the gym everyday and sometimes the weather is bad and I can’t get outside. This makes it easier for me to get off my butt and get moving if I have a simple workout ready that will only take 10min. No excuses! If there is room on the slide I usually also put up some “fitspiration” pictures. I know some women find these kind of images unrealistic and offensive. I find them inspiring and admire these women for their hard work. What side are you on?– Offensive or inspiring? Let me know cause if most people hate them I’ll take them out of the versions of future menus I share but otherwise I won’t bother :)
- I’m not sure on the rules of using the original pictures from the recipes even if I get credit back to them…any other bloggers out there know? Thats why for now if you want a more visual experience you’ll have to check out the google doc until I do know…I didn’t take pictures of everything I ate as I wasn’t originally planning on sharing and don’t want to get into hot water for using other’s pics.
Until next time!