Strawberry Blondie Salad
As the weather warms a crisp cool salad makes for the perfect meal. This salad is inspired by one my mom used to make. Sweet yet tart strawberries blend perfectly with monterey jack cheese, lemon grilled chicken, and cashews.
4 cups spinach
6 cups romaine
1 lb chicken
1 pint strawberries
1/2 cup cashews
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
pinch of salt and pepper
- Drizzle lemon juice over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill.
- While chicken is cooking cut up your romaine and mix with spinach.
- Slice strawberries.
- Once chicken is cooked allow to cool and slice.
- While chicken is cooling make up your dressing. Mix well olive oil, vinegar, sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss greens, strawberries, shredded cheese, cashews, and chicken together.
- Add dressing to taste.
Until next time!