The Blog Tour Award
Weeks ago I got nominated for the Blog Tour Award by Kim over at The Thirty Something Life. If you haven’t checked out her site, head on over! Kim does tons of beauty reviews and everything in between. If that sounds like your cup of tea then I know you’ll love her site.
Three weeks later and here I am. I said I would do it and its been on my mind for a long while now! Well, today’s the day and I’m really excited to share a little about my creative process and to share my nominees.
Here are the rules for the Blog Tour Award:
1. Pass the tour on to at least four other bloggers.
2. Give your nominees the rules and specify the Monday in which they should post their nomination answers.
3. Answer the four questions about your creative process, which allows other bloggers and visitors to understand what inspires you to do what you do.
4. Compose this one-time post on a specific Monday (date TBD by your nominator).
The Questions and My Answers:
1. How does your work differ from others in your genre?
I know that there are tons of other wonderful bloggers who do fashion, diy, recipes and all things girly. I think this is awesome and each and everyone of us has created a space so different from everyone else. We all have different personalities, styles, and life experiences that we get to share in a way that is unique to the author.
2. How does your writing/creative process work?
Generally I like to start with my calendar out. I plan what days I want to do posts. Then I like to have a little variety. Lets say I decide to do three posts; I will then pick to do a fashion, beauty, diy, or recipe on each day. Next I will brainstorm what I will do for the category picked and execute the project — photos, editing, writing, etc. I also like to write down ideas as they come so I will remember them if for those times I get creative block.
3. Why do you write and create what you do?
I like to have a creative outlet and I love blogging because of how it stretches my skill set. I am learning about photography and picture editing, networking and social media skills, and even a little bit of technical stuff.
4. What are you working on at the moment?
At the moment I am trying to get a few weeks posts ready. I was recently in a funk where I didn’t publish much and it will probably happen again. I want to have some posts ready to go for the occasion. I am also working really hard on brainstorming new ideas, trying to figure out the whole twitter thing, and you might even see some changes in my site design in the next little bit.
1. Rachel at What Rachel Made
2. Gabrielle at The Gift of Gab
3. Sara at Sincerely Sara
4. Shea at Shea Lennon
5. Kaelin at Violet and Eloise
Remember to Subscribe to keep in the loop!