10 Minute DIY Chapstick
Last week I had the opportunity to bring you an amazing stretch mark cream and now (thanks again to Infinity Jars!) I get to come back at you today with this super easy chapstick recipe. It seriously took me about 10 minutes to whip it up.
The recipe makes about 30ml or 1oz of chapstick. That is enough to fill up about 2 of these cute little 15ml cosmetic jars. I love that the jar is glass and can be reused. Not to mention the unusual super dark blue color. Its almost black. A little mysterious I’d say :) That dark color makes the jars resilient to the effects of sunlight, keeping the goodies we’re going to make today nice and safe for a long time.
- 2 tsp Beeswax
- 2 tsp Cocoa Butter
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- Essential Oils of Choice (I used Vanilla and Tangerine)
- Heat a small saucepan on low heat and add your beeswax. I used the kind that is already broken into little bits for convenience sake. If you’ve ever worked with beeswax before you know it can be super hard! This makes it way easier to measure and melt.
- Once your beeswax is melted add in your cocoa butter and coconut oil. Stir til melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in a few drops of your essential oil. I added like 10 -15 each of vanilla and tangerine.
- Pour into your container and allow to cool. Mine didn’t take very long at all. Maybe 10-15 minutes.
That’s it! You’re done! And can I just say that mine smells heavenly. The combo of the cocoa butter + vanilla + tangerine smells exactly like one of the chocolate orange balls that they sell at Christmas.
What do you think? Easy enough, right? Let me know your results in the comments below and don’t forget to subscribe to stay up to date on all my fun projects and musings!
Remember to Subscribe to keep in the loop!