Are You Feeling Peachy?
**This Post Contains Affiliate Links
I’ve been hearing a lot about lightintheboxdotcom and sites like it. There are some really mixed reviews out there. A ton of people have said how awful they are; poor quality, items never arrive, horrible customer service….the list goes on. On the flip side, I’d also heard really good things; cheap stuff, experiences of good quality items, items arriving in days! from China! So I decided to give it a try.
I ended up ordering a leopard print blazer, some bedazzled ballet flats, two shirts, and a skirt. How did it go?
- They ran out of the bedazzled shoes and had to cancel the item.
- They ran out of the leopard print blazer and had to cancel the item.
- After canceling the above items they forgot that they still needed to ship the rest of my order. It took a month and a half after they were supposed to to arrive.
- There are some really great deals. I got free shipping on the order and I think that after all was said and done I only spent $30ish (minus the items I never got).
- Once I sent customer service a friendly email they were quick to respond and got me my moneys back and my items shipped.
- While the items were not luxury by any means, they were of pretty decent quality. Stitching was good. Fabrics ok. Like what you would find at a lower end department store here in the US (they get all their stuff from China anyways.)
- They items fit close to what I thought although I would have been happier with a size larger. Make sure that you look at the size chart as Asian sizes tend to run a lot smaller. Do this and you should be fine.
My take on the whole experience is go ahead and give it a try if you have lots of time to wait before you need the clothing/there is nothing in your order that you absolutely need.
Now that the review is out of the way, time to try on some clothes. Today I am going to be wearing a peach chiffon top with an embroidered peter pan collar and cuffs.
The pants I am wearing are my Boom Boom Jeans.
In my hair I have a cute little tie that I found at a local shop when I lived in Utah.
I also wore some Anthropologie earrings.
I paired the whole outfit with some coral BC Footwear flats. A perfect match!
What do you think of the look?
Until next time!